$\begingroup$

I know I should dissever $\pu{g L-one}$ by the molar mass of the substance, but I don't seem to find the specific answer on Google. So but to be sure:

If I take $10^{-5}~\pu{g L-1}~\ce{Cu^two+}$ solution, do I have $one.57 \times 10^{-7}~\pu{mol L-1}$?

I think I'one thousand missing something.

Sir Arthur7's user avatar

Sir Arthur7

1,091 3 golden badges 14 silver badges 26 bronze badges

asked May six, 2015 at 14:07

Ndrina Limani's user avatar

$\endgroup$

1

  • $\begingroup$ Dimensional assay is helpful. g/50 divided by thou/mol gives mol/L. $\endgroup$

    Jun 12, 2020 at 18:40

two Answers 2

$\begingroup$

Yes. $$n = \frac{thousand}{M}~~~~~~~~~~n = cV$$ So $$c = \frac{1000}{VM}$$

Given $\frac{thou}{V}$ yous can piece of work out $c$ (in $\mathrm{mol~dm^{-3}}$).

answered May 6, 2015 at 14:15

bon's user avatar

$\endgroup$

0

$\begingroup$

Grams of $\ce{Cu^{+2}}$ is sick divers. The $\ce{Cu^{+2}}$ did non get into the solution by itself. It was $\ce{CuCl2,CuSO4}$ or some other common salt.

This is probably the reason for the discrepancy.

answered May 7, 2015 at 10:28

Burak Ulgut's user avatar

$\endgroup$

2

  • $\begingroup$ What discrepancy? The OP's question seems perfectly clear to me. $\endgroup$

    May 7, 2015 at xv:55

  • $\begingroup$ The OP is mentioning a different answer compared to "the specific answer on google". That is what I meant by discrepancy $\endgroup$

    May 8, 2015 at 5:55